Web Scraper 1.29.60 release
May 10, 2023
web scraper, crawling, extension, web scraping
It's time for our latest feature release article, and we can't wait to show you what we've been working on!
Our dev team has been busy developing and refining some new features and we're excited to share them with you. Whether you're a power user or just getting started, these new features will make your life easier. So, without further ado, let's jump into what's new and improved!
• We have invested a significant amount of effort to refactor the code to work with the new Chrome manifest V3 API
• The integration with the external CouchDB database has been removed
• The internal PouchDB database has been replaced with a simpler local storage database engine.
• An updated validation engine- validation rules will now be stricter to prevent unexpected issues.
• A "null" value returned by the scraper when an element was not found has now been replaced by an empty value of "".
• The order of the selectors can now be sorted via the extension by dragging and placing each selector in the desired order in which they should be executed.
• Auto CSS selector optimization - depending on the structure of the page and the selector created, each selector will have a different execution time. Now, the scraper will automatically restructure the slow-executing selectors automatically when possible for better scraper performance.
We hope that new the updates improve your scraping experience and we appreciate your feedback and suggestions on how we can make things even better. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. Stay tuned for the next feature release with even more exciting updates!